AUM VEL MURUGA
Welcome to the official Highgatehill Murugan temple website.
Highgatehill Murugan Temple is a Hindu temple.The temple is also known as Archway Murugan Temple in Highgate at 200A Archway Road, London N6 5BA.
Lord Murugan is son of Lord Shiva who is the main God in Hinduism. Lord Murugan has many names such as Kantha, Kumara, Karthigeya, Arumuga(6 Faces)and many more.
The main objective of the temple is to propagate Hindu religion and to perform Hindu rituals.
The temple was built according to the ancient Saiva(Hindu)scriptures and architecture.It was opened on the 2nd of December 1979 with a grand ceremony attending more than 700 people.
"The Maha Kumbabhishegam" - "Consecration Ceremony" was held in June 1986,attended by over a thousand devotees. It was the culmination of 20 years of single-minded dedication and hard work of Late Sri Sabapathipillai.
The temple is a registered CHARITY in the name of Brittania Hindu (Shiva) Temple Trust, registered in 1974. The temple is governed by seven Trustees and it's governing document "Constitution". The original constitution was drafted by Late Sri Sabapathipillai in 1974.
The Highgatehill Murugan Temple was chosen by the Queen Elizabeth II as part of her wish to recognize each of Britain's many faiths.
Queen Elizabeth II visited the Highgatehill Murugan temple on the 6th of June 2002, in her first major engagement after the "Golden Jubilee" celebration. Highgatehill Murugan Temple is the first Hindu temple to be visited by the British monarch in the British history. Accompanied by Prince Philip, the Queen spent about 45 minutes at the temple and a "Special Pooja of blessings" was performed during the visit.
The temple and the devotees of the temple are privileged by the Queen's visit.
The temple is located on the A1 road in Highgate, North London, it is easily accessible by tube or bus.
The temple is open 7 days a week from 8 am to 2 pm and 5 pm to 9 pm. Pooja times are at 8am, 11.30am, 5pm and 8pm. Extended timings will be followed on Festival & Special Auspicious days.
The temple welcome all devotees. Devotees must be on strict vegetarian on visit.
- Devotees who wish to make any donation to the temple you are welcome. we accept Credit cards,Cash or Bank transfer (See below the Bank details).
- Devotees who wish to perform any Poojas, or Upayams for special days please see page "Services" and see the Calendar of Events.
- The temple provide home visit Priest Services for devotees who wish to perform Poojas at home.
- The temple has two halls to hire for Weddings or any other services.
- Contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 0208 348 9835
- BANK NAME : BARCLAYS BANK PLC
- ACCOUNT NAME : BRITTANIA HINDU (SHIVA)TEMPLE TRUST
- ACCOUNT NUMBER : Call us
- SORT CODE : Call us
- Thank you for your generous donation